|Over the last two months, we’ve taken a closer look at each of the seven Golden Keys and how to implement them in practical ways in our lives. This week I’d like to help you implement your Super Health program and help you achieve the Super Health you deserve. |
Seven Golden Keys—Framework for the Future
Whether your goal is to overcome a serious health issue, break an unhealthy habit, optimize your weight or athletic performance, or to simply live a more vital and satisfying life, the 7 Golden Keys lifelong vitality program provides the framework for success.
Super Health 2006—Easy-Target Goals
The following are three simple-to-achieve goals related to each of the seven golden keys. Well within reach, they’ll provide you with some immediate successes and get you started on a more comprehensive program for the rest of the year.
Hydration (Golden Key #1)
- Test your in-house water’s pH and toxicity level. Purchase a test meter at www.extech-direct.com
- Switch to bottled spring water (preferably in glass containers) that has a pH of at least 7.
- Drink 8-10 eight-ounce glasses of spring water throughout the day.
4 Corners of Optimal Nutrition (Golden Key #2)
- Minimize sugars (eliminate fruit juices and sodas from your diet, and limit yourself to one sugary treat a day).
- Add a positive, but missing, food to your diet, such as organic berries (rich in antioxidants) or leafy salad greens (high in fiber for improved digestion and cancer prevention).
- Take an antioxidant protected fish oil supplement such as Omega 3&E. Hundreds of studies have show that fish oil reduces inflammation and the occurrence of diseases, such as cancer.
Exercise (Golden Key #3)
- Experiment with different cardiovascular exercises and choose one you especially enjoy. Begin by doing a 30-minute workout every other day. Walking is a good way to get started.
- Incorporate a strength training program such as The 7 Tiger Moves at least once per week. It is easy, fast, involves no costs, can be done anytime and anywhere, and yields maximum results. For more information, purchase Super Health, 7 Golden Keys To Unlock Lifelong Vitality
- Practice 10 minutes of deep breathing exercises a day. Incorporate them into your meditation and prayer practice or do them on your way to work.
Stress Management (Golden Key #4)
- Identify one chronic stressor in your life, and find ways to eliminate it or to reduce its impact on your life.Set aside 30 minutes every day, just for you.
- Set aside 30 minutes every day, just for you. Find a positive hobby such as read, walking, meditating, writing in your journal, painting a picture or taking in a massage. In short, be good to you!
- Become more consistent in your sleep, exercise, and meditation routines. Regular healthy routines become a source of comfort and strength when we are confronted with unexpected stresses.
Sleep (Golden Key #5)
- Establish an ideal and regular sleep schedule that achieves 7.5 to 8.5 hours a day. For example, endeavor to get to bed by 10:00 p.m., and rise no earlier than 5:30 a.m.
- Try to eliminate or reduce known sleep disruptors from your sleep sanctuary—over-stimulating activities before bed such as exercise, television, or cell phone conversations, caffeine, alcohol, sugary snacks, etc.
- Create an uncluttered and infinitely soothing sleep environment. Purchase soft, organic bedding adjust the temperature so you are neither too cold nor too hot, burn a subtle incense or lull yourself to sleep with soft music or nature sounds.
Environmental Toxins (Golden Key #6)
- Do an inventory of the food storage containers in your cupboards. Toss all plastic containers in the recycling bin and replace with glass.
- Find one conventionally made healthcare product that you currently use, such as a cologne, shampoo or a cosmetic, and replace with an all-natural (preferably organic) alternative.
Visit:The Organic Makeup Company
- Throw out all foods in your pantry that contain hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils in them.
Prayer & Meditation (Golden Key #7)
- Find a place of worship that works for you. Shop around to find a church, synagogue or mosque that is consistent with your spiritual beliefs, a place where you feel comfortable, supported, accepted, and exhorted.
- Set aside a time each day to meditate or pray, even if it’s only 15 minutes.
- Choose a way to give to others on a regular basis (sponsor a homeless child, join a volunteer organization, visit a nursing home once a month, etc.). Acts of kindness are a visible manifestation of our faith.
|Some of the keys will be easier for you to accomplish than others. Most of our lives have a great deal of imbalance . . . it takes time to restore the balance of health God wants us to enjoy.” |
The Super Health Seven Week Health and Fitness Journal is an excellent tool for monitoring our progress. Use it to reflect on the successes and challenges of your week. You can rate yourself; identify chronic problem areas; and target renewed commitments for the week ahead. Remember, no one is perfect! We all excel in some areas, and under-perform in others. We are works in progress, not perfect products.